Our Association provides the opportunity for female chanters and choirs from around the world who love Byzantine Ecclesiastical Music to connect, share, support and learn from each other.
If you love byzantine music and looking to expand your knowledge and connect with other female chanters and choirs from around the world, complete the form below to become a member.
As a an individual member:
- you will have continuous access to valuable information that will keep you informed about issues, new developments and cultural activities within the community served by the association.
- you will have the opportunity to participate as an active member in our choirs all over the world or in our conferences, workshops and master classes
- you will have the opportunity to be in contact with women chanters form all over the world
- you will have the opportunity to be a representative member in your region
- you will have the opportunity to participate in our recording projects and other cultural activities related to the byzantine ecclesiastical music
- you will have the opportunity to have your byzantine music work (sound materials, books, articles, videos, concerts etc) published and promoted our social media pages
For choir membership, as well as the above:
- your choir will have the opportunity to have its history and photo published on our website, as well as the opportunity to announce its activities in our calendar and furthermore be publicized through all our relevant channels.
How to become a member
If you wish to be a member, please fill the online application form. Once your membership application is approved, by the team of Board, you will be notified via email. Membership applications can be accepted, regardless of nationality and age. If you ask to be an active membership, you will be asked to send, after applying the registration form, some qualifications, as described below.
We also accept as auxiliary members, men who support our Association's work.
You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting us. Once your membership has been cancelled you will no longer be entitled to the benefits of membership.
TYPES of Membership
Successful applicants will be placed in one of the following categories:
1. ACTIVE membership
One of the following qualifications is required:
a) your music degree/s or certifications or
b) a certificate of attendance at a musical university or conservatory or a Byzantine music school or
c) a testimony that you are an active member as a chanter or chorister in a church
As an active member you can – apart from the other benefits, as described above - take part in the elections of the Board of Directors and the General Assembly.
2. AFFILIATE membership
As affiliate member can registered anyone (woman or man) love byzantine music and agree with the aims and purposes of the Association.
Registration and Subscription Fees
The Registration Fee is 20 euros (once off payment)
The annual subscription fee, for the active and affiliate members is 20 euros
The registration Fee is 50 euros (once off payment)
The annual subscription fee, for the active and affiliate choirs is 50 euros